Mari Jose Gil
María José Gil
Osteopath MROE 209.
Physiotherapist n. 63.
📩Av. Alexandre Rosselló 23, 7-2.
07002 Palma. IB. Spain.
I have been running my own private practice as physiotherapist and osteopath since 1999. I taught at the Balearic Island University (UIB) until 2014 and have been an independent teacher since then.
I’ve been treating individuals and groups in a holistic way since I began as a physiotherapist in 1999. Wanting to adopt a more global approach to treatment I then studied Osteopathy, but still felt a greater need to relate the body and the patient’s condition with the emotional side. This resulted in me completing a course in Gestalt therapy, a humanistic approach of psychology, to enhance my treatments further. Since then, I have applied a holistic and integral treatment, drawing on combined knowledge and understanding from these areas.
I base my treatment on seeking health and the best ways to reach it.
I work in my own practice with two colleagues, Antonia Frontera, physiotherapist and Gestalt therapist and Marina Canals, osteopath and physiotherapist.
- 1995-1998 Physiotherapyat Escola Universitària Gimbernat- Universitat de Barcelona.
- 2003-2007 Osteopathyat Fundació Escola de Osteopatia De Barcelona-shared degree with European School of Osteopathy, Kent, UK.
- 2010-2013Gestalt Therapyat Aula Balear de Gestalt
- 1998: Schrothcourse A and B: spinal deformities in kids and adolescents. Instituto E. Salvà. Barcelona. ( now Rigo-Quera SLP)
- 1998: Global Postural Re-education(RPG technique). Spanish Association of RPG. Girona-Madrid.
- September 2007 and September 2010. Osteopathy in the cranial field, module 2-3. Sutherland Cranial College, London.
- 2007-2010 y 2016 Training in transgenerational gynaecological osteopathywith Christine Mitchell (Osteopath and Midwife), 5 Levels. ECO (Escuela de Concepto Osteopático), Barcelona
- 2008-2017: complete curriculum in Biodynamic Osteopathywith Christian Sullivan. Traditional Osteopathic Studies.
- 29-31/5/2009, 1st International Congress of Osteopathy in Barcelona. FEOB (Fundación Escuela de Osteopatía de Barcelona). Barcelona.
- 2014-2016 Paediatric Biodynamicswith Christian Sullivan. Traditional Osteopathic Studies. Barcelona.
- 2009: Visceral Osteopathyby J.P. Barral. Instituto de Osteopatía Clásica. Mallorca.
- 2010: Osteopathy in Perinatology: conference. FEOB. Barcelona.
- 2011: Post-graduate in Osteopathyin paediatrics with Claudine Agueron. ECO. Barcelona.
- 2011: Post-graduate in Osteopathy in paediatricswith Laure Beustes and Bruno Ducoux. FBEO, Barcelona.
- 2011: Post-graduate in cranial osteopathy: “In reciprocal tension”- module 5. Sutherland Cranial College, San Sebastián.
- 2012 Post-graduate in Pediatric Osteopathy, module 9. Sutherland Cranial College, San Sebastián.
- 2014-2015 Training in “Cuerpo Constelaciones y conciencia”. Frederic Suau. Aula Balear de Gestalt (ABG). Mallorca
- 2015-2016 Post-graduate in “Terapia Sistemica-Relacional(2 modules) with Grazzia Ceccini. Gestalt Transformació. Mallorca.
- 2018. Osteopathic approach to gastro-intestinal tract and its inmuno-digestive connexion. Dr. William Foley DO. FIDO (Formación y desarrollo en Osteopatía). Barcelona.
- 2019. Biodynamic Review Course by J. Jealous. Ashland, Or. US.
- 2020 Clinical Application of Biodynamic Embryology. Sutherland Cranial College, Stroud. UK.
June 1998-September 1999: Centre E. Salvà in Barcelona. ( Rigo Quera Salva Institut actually)
Currently in collaboration with Rigo Quera Salva Institutwhose medical directors are : Dr. Manuel Rigo and Dra. Gloria Quera.
During the training period at RQS Institute, research has been carried out on clinical assessment mainly in scoliosis: scoliosis and respiratory function, surface topography using the formetric system and clinical value of the scoliometer.
Main activity: since November 1999in Avda Alexandre Rosselló 23, 7º 2ª. Palma.
- September 2002-September 2014as associated teacher in Universitat de les Illes Balears (Subject: TOR I: module in Spinal deformities in adolescents and children).
- 2003: Collaboration in organization e impartation of post-graduate course in “New technologies in physiotherapy” by Universitat de les Illes Balears and Fundación Universidad Empresa.
- 2006: Collaboration in impartation of “Actualization in managing spinal deformities” in a seminary for physiotherapists in charge of students of “Escuela de Enfermería y fisioterapia de la Universitat de les Illes Balears”.
- March 2017: Biobasics Spain, speaker and working table tutor for trained osteopaths coordinated by Jordi Cid, Maria Cristina y Christian Sullivan.
- March 2018: Biobasics Spain,working table tutor for trained osteopaths coordinated by Jordi Cid, Maria Cristina and Christian Sullivan.
- October 2018, Biobasics UK, London. Working table tutor for trained osteopaths coordinated by Ruth Warton and Christian Sullivan.
- March 2018: Biobasics Spain, speaker and working table tutor for trained osteopaths coordinated by Jordi Cid, Maria Cristina and Christian Sullivan.
- May 2018. Course of Spinal deformities in children and adolescents, for physiotherapists. Hospital Mateu Orfila, Menorca.
- March 2019. Self-learning strategies and emotional management for school teachers. Imparted with Carlos Gil. Public School CEIP Robines, Binissalem. Mallorca.
- September 2018– Now. Teacher and working table tutor in CODI (Clínica d´Osteopatia per Infants). Project promoted by Maria Cristina, Jordi Cid and Christian Sullivan.It is a training course in Paediatric Osteopathy with real patients.
- 2016August: “Percibir, Sentir, Experimentar”. Imparted with Carlos Gil (Meditation) and Víctor Díaz (Yoga). Two days retreat in Sant Honorat (Llucmajor-Mallorca).
- 2017December: “Presencia y Salud”. Imparted with Carlos Gil. 1 day retreat in Ca´n Picarola (Bunyola- Mallorca).
Partnerships and Collaborations
- Collaboration with the Teaching Commission of the Official Register of Physiotherapists of the Balearic Islands from 2003 to 2014.
- Collaboration with “Escuela Española de Espalda” (Spanish Back School) giving conferences and practical workshops as part of the 2001 Prevention Campaign for back problems among the elderly in Mallorca.
- Collaboration with the Balearic government in the “Comisión de Formación Continuada” as a evaluator of courses from October 2003 to September 2017.
- Rigo M, Gil Carrillo MJ, Martínez M: Relationship between two non-*invasive methods for assessing spinal deformities. Presented in “4t congrès de la SIRER”, in Brussels. December 9-10, 1999. Published in: Résonances Européenes Rachis 1996; 11:28-35.
- Gil, MJ. Biotipos. El cuerpo humano: enigmas y desafíos. Nogués RM et. al. Actas de las Reuniones de la asociación interdisciplinar “José Acosta”. P:181-187. Ed. Alonso Bedate. Madrid, 2010.
- Gil, MJ. Variabilidad cardíaca como instrumento de valoración (Capítulo 2). Nuevas tecnologías aplicadas en rehabilitación. Ed Fuden. ISBN: 978-84-16191-69-7