- Bachelors of Science – Physical Therapy – University of Wisconsin, Madison (1986)
- Schroth – BSPTS Certification Level 1 (2005)
- Schroth – BSPTS Certification Level 2 (2012)
- Schroth – BSPTS Instructor Appointment (2012)
- SEAS (Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis) Level 1 (2013)
- Myopain Dry Needling Certification (2008)
- St. Elizabeth Hospital (1986-1989)
- Competitive Edge Sports Medicine (1989-1994)
Staff Therapist; Clinic Manager
- NovaCare Outpatient Rehabilitation (1994-2003)
Staff therapist; Clinic Manager; General Manager
- Spinal Dynamics of Wisconsin, S.C. (2003-present)
Founder and Owner
Additional Employment Experience
- US Speedskating Team Provider (1995-2000)
- Marquette University Men’s Basketball Therapy Consultant (2006)
- SOSORT (Society of Scoliosis Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Treatment)
- SOSORT Education Committee member (2012-2016)
- SOSORT Board Member (2014-2016)
- SBI (Schroth-Barcelona Institute) – Founding Member (2014-present)
- APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) (1986-present)
Teaching and Lecturing Experience
- BSPTS Instructor
- SOSORT Scientific Meeting – Educational Committee Presenter, Poster Presenter, Moderator, Panel Discussion
- University of Wisconsin, Concordia, Physical Therapy – Guest Lecturer on Scoliosis
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Physiatry – Grand Rounds Guest Lecturer on Scoliosis
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Physiatry – Grand Rounds Guest Lecturer on Scoliosis
- Marquette University, Physical Therapy Alumni – Guest Lecturer on Scoliosis
- MedBridge Education – Online Educator on Scoliosis and Hyper-kyphosis
- Integrated Spine Care Independent Lecture Series – Presenter on Sacroiliac Dysfunction
- NASS (North American Spine Society) – Presenter on Scoliosis
Scoliosis (2015) 10:16 Scoliosis Research Society members attitudes towards physical therapy and physiotherapeutic scoliosis specific exercises for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis Marti et al.
Cindy Marti began her career at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton in 1986. In 1989 she joined Milwaukee-based Competitive Edge Sports Medicine and became part of the management team in 1991. In 1994, after Competitive Edge became part of NovaCare, Cindy became General Manager of the Wisconsin region.
In 1996, Cindy began specialization in spine therapy. In February 2003, Cindy opened Spinal Dynamics of Wisconsin. In 2006, the Spinal Dynamics Scoliosis Clinic was established. In 2011, Cindy was named to the International Body of Instructors for Barcelona Scoliosis Physical Therapy School. She began teaching BSPTS courses for physical therapists in 2012. She currently divides her time between patient care, clinic ownership, and teaching.
Cindy employs 6 physical therapists in her Milwaukee-based private practice. The practice provides care for a variety of orthopedic conditions. The Scoliosis Clinic at Spinal Dynamics includes Schroth and SEAS methods, custom scoliosis bracing, scoliosis screenings, and DIERS surface topography.
Cindy is the mother to 3 grown sons. She is a lifelong resident of the beautiful state of Wisconsin but also loves to travel. She enjoys the outdoors (cycling, hiking, kayaking), and time with friends (book club, card club, dinner club).