Level 2 International Course Information.
(Course is limited to maximum 10 students)
Objective of the Course:
It is about going more in-depth into the concept, using now not only the basic starting positions but some more exercises in those positions as well as new loading and special starting positions.
General Goals/Objective of the course:
- Update the Rigo Concept – BSPTS’s knowledge and principles
- Know and use the Rigo Concept during the treatment of patients with scoliosis using the starting positions in unloading, loading and special positions.
- Understand sagittal balance in the scoliosis patient population.
- Know the importance of orthopedic work: Rigo Concept Brace.
- Acquire the skills and appropriate manual techniques for the treatment of patients with scoliosis in each of the functional groups.
- Supervision of each student while treating patients with scoliosis and alterations of the spine.
Specific objectives Level 2
Train the student to:
- Describe the general principles of Rigo Concept BSPTS.
- Establish the specific principles to treat the scoliosis.
- Define the correction strategies needed for each specific case and at each of its treatment positions.
- Develop a treatment plan appropriate for the clinical and radiological aspects specific to the patient.
- Carry out the advanced exercises for the treatment of scoliosis.
- Understand the clinical reasoning and the therapeutic decision made by the professor, as well as the observation of the in situ treatment with real patients from each of the functional groups.
- Perform the practice and treatment, supervised by the teacher, with patients with scoliosis from each of the functional groups
- Understanding and comprehension of the scoliotic patients’ treatment
- Develop the skills to present the Case Report (approved by L1 teacher) to the audience.
The educational units of Level 2 are the following:
|EU1: Revision of Level 1||Revise the basic concepts related to the clinical and radiological assessment and classification of the patient with scoliosis based on the Rigo Concept.|
|EU2: Advanced Exercises||Description of the advanced exercises for the treatment of scoliosis based on the Rigo Concept and Workshop|
|EU3: Practical supervision||Supervision of each student while treating patients with scoliosis and alterations of the spine.|
|EU4: Advanced Knowledge||Introduction to bracing and Spino-Pelvic Sagittal Balance in AIS and AdS|
|Case Report||Each student will present the Case Report, approved previously by the L1 teacher, to the audience (L2 teacher will send you the guideline)|
There will be a written and a practical exam at the end of Level 2. To access Level 3 it is necessary to pass these exams as well as preparing and presenting an update of the Case Reports which Guideline will be share with you at the end of the Level 2.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes