Basic Level: 1st Ed. Scoliosis (English)
Basic knowledge on scoliosis and other alterations of the spine.
Basic Level to obtain the BSPTS-Concept by Rigo certification.
Addressed to all people interested in acquiring specific basic knowledge on scoliosis and other spinal disorders.
COURSE DURATION AND FEATURES
The online course is 6 weeks.
The pedagogical contents, 41 videos in total, 10-12 minutes average each, during 11 units, with one self assessment in each unit.
To obtain the final certification a Final Knowledge Exam must be done.
SPECIFIC OBJETIVES OF THE BASIC LEVEL
Train the students to:
- Be an active member of a multidisciplinary team, for the treatment of the deformities of the spine.
- Understand the ethiopathogenesis and pathomechanism of the morphological alterations of the spine in the sagittal plane, as well as the idiopathic scoliosis.
- Carry out a clinical and functional assessment of the patient with scoliosis and elaborate a complete clinical history.
- Make a correct clinical and functional diagnosis of the morphological alterations of the sagittal plane and the scoliosis.
- Use and interpret the questionnaires about the life quality of the patient with scoliosis.
- Assess and interpret the additional radiological tests of the patient with scoliosis using digital tools for its assessment, diagnosis , comprehension and prognosis.
- Assess, analyze and understand the orthopedic treatment to be used in the deformities of the spine.
- Understand the importance of the use of scientific evidence in the non-surgical treatment of the scoliosis.
- Apply the SOSORT Guide for the Clinical Practice, published in 2018.
The educational units of the Basic Level are the following:
|EU1: Spine||Description and analysis of the normal spine and the trunk in 3D: anatomy, biomechanics, geometry and stabilization mechanisms.|
|EU2: Sagittal Alterations||Morphological alterations of the spine and the trunk in the sagittal plane. Juvenile Hyperkyphosis (Scheuermann) and other deviations.|
|EU3: Scoliosis||Definition, characteristics and general knowledge and nature in 3D. Etiopathogenesis. Vicious circle.|
|EU4: EOS, AIS, AdS||Types of scoliosis: Onset scoliosis, Idiopathic scoliosis in teenagers, Scoliosis in adults.|
|EU5: Natural History of Idiophatic Scoliosis||Natural history, evolution, prognosis, skeletal maturity.|
|EU6: Clinical assessment of the patient||Digital postural assessment. Functional assessment. Scoliometer. Spirometry. Questionnaires on the quality of life.|
|EU7: Radiological Assessment of the patient||Digital Software to measure xRay, Cobb angle, rotation angle, vertical sacral line and pelvic parameters.|
|EU8: Non-surgical treatment||Non-Operative treatment of scoliosis. Physiotherapy Scoliosis Specific Exercises and Bracing. Schools and evidence|
|EU9: Introduction of the orthetic treatment||Orthesis of the trunk. Scanning systems, parameters and classification. Concept of the Cheneau Rigo Corset.|
|EU10: Introduction to the surgical treatment||Surgical parameters, types of surgery and current and groundbreaking approaches.|
|EU11: Introduction to the BSPTS Concept||General principles and clinical types. Classification of block diagrams.|
|Assessment of Knowledge|
Once the Basic level is achieved the student can go forward to the next level.
- Lectures 42
- Quizzes 12
- Duration 6 weeks
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 170
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
BASIC LEVEL: Basic knowledge on scoliosis and other alterations of the spine.
Unit 1: Spine anatomy, Planes and Axis
Unit 2: Sagittal deformities
Unit 3: Scoliosis
Unit 4: EOS, AIS, AdS
Unit 5: Natural history of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
Unit 6: Clinical Assessment
Unit 7: Radiological Assessment
Unit 8: Scoliosis Therapeutic Approach
Unit 9: Orthetic Therapeutic Approach
Unit 10: Surgery Therapeutic Approach
Unit 11: Introduction to the BSPTS-Concept by Rigo
Student Feedback about Online Basic Course